Valentine's Day Cupcakes

Usually I come up with a cupcake-design and I use it on all cupcakes, but I saw pictures from Crumbs and Dollies cupcakes and I just loved how they had used a different design for every cupcake. So I thought of designs I could use (and even sketched them so I wouldn't forget, yes I'm really such a dork) and when I sketched nine different designs, I decided to bake them. Here's the result!

I didn't use a recipe for the cupcakes. I bought a Strawberry cake mix, because I wanted the cupcakes to be pink.

Buttercream Icing recipe: it's the best! I use it all the time!

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
- 3 or more tablespoons milk
- Food coloring (optional)

Instructions:
1. In a large bowl sift the confectionars' sugar.
2. Add and mix the remaining ingredients with an electrix mixer on low speed until blended.
3. Add more milk if needed. (only add 1/2 tablespoon at a time, there's a very fine line between the right consistency and too runny)

My new cupcake liners!


The pinkness that went it the oven.



The pinkness that came out of the oven and went into my tummy.



The cuppies all done and looking fabulous!


Comments

Aww they look SO perfect for V-Day!
Teresa said…
I like the way you decorated them.

Popular Posts