Pumpkin Pancakes & Blog-Award

After making my pumpkin bread, I still had loads of pumpkin puree leftover. I found a few recipes that use pumpkin puree and today I tried out one of them. I found the recipe on a beautiful food-blog called 6 Bittersweets. I saw it a while back and I've been meaning to try it out ever since! I mean how delicious does it sound?! It’s a Martha recipe. The pancakes tasted alright. They were flavorful, but were very squishy inside which was a bit weird. Rating: 2.5 out of 5.

Pumpkin Pancakes recipe: Martha Stewart

Ingredients:
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk

Instructions:
- Whisk 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour; 2 tablespoons sugar; 2 teaspoons baking powder; ½ teaspoon each cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt; 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg; and a pinch of ground cloves. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 cup milk, 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and 1 egg; fold mixture into dry ingredients. Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat; pour in ¼ cup batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side; serve with butter and syrup. Makes 8 to 10.


Wet & dry ingredients.


Cooking.


Mmmm yummy spicy breakfast.


A stack of courge pancakes (French for pumpkin).



The same blog I spotted this scrumptious recipe on, gave me a One Lovely Blog award!! :D Thank you so much Xiaolu, I'm really flattered that you'd even think of my little blog!


Please visit at Xiaolu's blog 6 Bittersweets. It's a great blog that combines gorgeous food-photography with delicious recipes!

Comments

A Bowl Of Mush said…
yum, these look delightful, great recipe!
I made pumpkin pancakes over the weekend too, they're just too addictive!
Eliana said…
Pumpkin pancakes aound like my kinda breakfast!
Ingrid_3Bs said…
They look good! I'm funny about textures myself so I'm not sure how'd I like these.
~ingrid
Karine said…
This looks to be a great way to enjoy pumpkin leftovers! Thanks for sharing:)
Aw sorry these didn't work out as well for ya. The texture is definitely a bit different, but I also make sure to keep my stove a bit lower to cook them through. And you definitely deserve the award. For one, you make Pierre Herme recipes seem halfway approachable, which is a feat =p.
Anonymous said…
Squishy hey - sounds interesting.
Sugar Crawler said…
wow pumpkin pancakes, it'll good for a morning after halloween breakfast, carved with jack o lantern' face
apparentlyjessy said…
Hmm they look yummy....I dunno about the squishy part... I am imagining these with whipped butter, bacon and maple syrup....DROOOOOOL!
I love how you rate your post foods, I have been trying different pumpkin pancake recipes ...not winner yet. I want tall, fluffy cakey pancakes. They keep ending up thin, dense and squishy like you said. Must be the pumpkin.

Popular Posts