Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies & Blog Award

Sometimes I'm craving so badly for peanuts, eating half a jar of Skippy just won't do. I spotted this recipe on 'A Chica Bakes' and I vowed that I would bake these within a week or so. And here they are! Ultra Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies by Melissa Murphy. These cookies are sooo chewy, I'd swear they almost seemed underbaked when I took them out of the oven. It seemed like only the edge was baked and the middle looked like it was still dough, but after they cooled down, they became a little firmer inside and perfection was made! I added a little twist by topping them with honey-roasted peanuts and some cinnamon and sugar: fab! Rating: 5 out of 5.

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies recipe: Melissa Murphy - The Sweet Melissa Baking Book

Ingredients:
- ½ cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt

- ½ cup dry-roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon


Instructions:
- Position a rack in the top and bottom thirds of your oven. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 - 4 minutes. Beat in the egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and mix until combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl so that everything is combined evenly.
- In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoons and roll into balls. Roll each covered ball in peanut mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. Place the balls about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets, and press down slightly. Using a fork dipped in flour, press down on the cookies first one way and then the other to form an "X" pattern, creating the crosshatch effect. (The cookies should now measure approx. 2 inches in diameter.) Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Overbaking will cause these chewy cookies to become crunchy so try to avoid it.


I used the bottom of a port glass to press the dough down.


They smell so incredibly wonderful once they're baked.


Le doux, beure de cacahuète biscuits: délicieuses!


J'adore ♥.



Simone from 'The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after' passed the 'gorgeous blog award' on to me. Thank you so much Simone! Now I must nominate five other gorgeous blogs that inspire me:


6 Bittersweets
Bilingual Butter
La Petit Plume
Miss Dot's Cupcake Spot
NYC, Style & a little Cannoli

Please visit Simone's and these lovely five blogs!

Comments

La Petite Plume said…
Your Majesty! What an honor to receive this award from you!! And a lovely surprise to wake up to and start my day:)) Well I think I have mentioned it before but I will do so again with pleasure. Your blog just keeps my mouth watering and does not help keep my mind on losing a few extra pounds:)) Merci merci Queenie for this honor and now I too will pass it on to 5 others!! This is going to be such fun!

Royal wishes!
Daisy
Lucie said…
Ohh I'm totally honored!! You just made my day a million times better! Thank you! I'll make sure to pass it on :)

And those cookies...yum!!! I'm always disappointed at how crunchy peanut butter cookies often are and these look just right. Can't wait to get my casts off and start baking again!!!

Have a great weekend :)
Snooky doodle said…
oh wow these super peanuty cookies look gorgeous and so yummy. want to try these :)
thank you !! glad you are enjoying it and hopefully many more will join in on the fun. NYC is such a great place!!! Oh and loove the peanut butter cookies!!! :)
Miss Dot said…
An award? For ME? You are too wonderful :) Thanks for making my life sweet ♥ (as if your posts don't do enough!!)
You deserve it Pet. You blog is a true delight for me.
Have a lovely week.
All my very best,
Simone
Eliana said…
I didn't think these cookies culd taste better but you just took them over the top with this topping. Hmmmmmmm.
I can't believe I never actually commented. So sorry! Things were crazy with work (500+ hours worked last month =x). Anyway, really honored to get this. Thanks so much and happy early Valentine's day!

Popular Posts