Mickey Mouse Cookies

It’s a tie! Does that mean I have to make both? Between the Banana Cream Pie and the Mickey Mouse Cookies, the latter was my favorite, so that’s the one I baked. But don’t worry; chances are big I’ll end up making a luscious Banana Cream Pie in the near future. I always crave bananas around summertime. And until then, you can check out the delicious Banana Cream Pie I made last year. Anyways, on to the Mickey Mouse Cookies: I bought a Mickey cookie-cutter in Disneyworld last summer, and some Mickey Mouse sprinkles in NYC. I would like to say I tried some fabulous new recipe, but I sticked with my go-to Sugar Cookies recipe – “if it ain’t broke …” Rating: 4.5 out of 5.

Sugar Cookies recipe: adapted from AllRecipes.com's 'The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies'

Ingredients:
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt

Instructions:
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then the vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the flour mixture into the creamy butter/sugar/eggs-mixture. Roll dough into a flat disc. Cover with clingwrap, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out dough on floured surface ¼ to ½ inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.

Sugar Cookie Icing recipe: AllRecipes.com

Ingredients:
- 1 cup confectionars' sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I omit this if I want to make white icing)
- 3 tablespoons milk (use more if needed)
- Food coloring

Instructions:
In a small bowl, beat together confectionars's sugar, light corn syrup and vanilla. Add a tablespoon of milk one at a time, until icing is smooth and glossy.


Mickey Mouse cookie dough.


“Lie? Well, lie or no lie. Musketeers don't run from danger, and as long as we wear these uniforms.”
- Mickey Mouse, Steamboat Willie


“Isn't it romantic, Daisy? Being protected by three dashing musketeers, and the little one is so handsome.” - Minnie Mouse, Steamboat Willie


“Minnie! You trying to get me killed?” - Mickey Mouse, Runaway Brain


“Just imagine. He'll stride into the room. Light will glow from him. I'll hear music. He'll bring me flowers.” - Minnie Mouse, Steamboat Willie


“Ah... Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Oh! Look Daisy! Mickey and I have the same last name!”
- Minnie Mouse, Steamboat Willie

Comments

Eliana said…
These look perfect, so whimsical and pretty :)
Unknown said…
These look fantastic! Brilliant stuff, so neat and perfect. I voted for the cookies so I'm glad you chose these x
Chele said…
How cute! I'm sure these went down a treat with both young and old alike!
A Bowl Of Mush said…
Awww so cute and adorable!
Yum, yum, yum, yummy!!

These looks so cute, so glad you made them! Please can you send some over to Sydney? :-)
Lucie said…
The Minnie Mouse ones are my fave! Soooo cute and who doesnt love a great sugar cookie??
Snooky doodle said…
these are so cute!!
Lot-O-Choc said…
Aw these are too cute! I love the mickey cookie cutters and youve decorated them so pretty! Yum yum!!
Moon said…
Totally great idea. I'm going to make these for my nephew's birthday party!
Anonymous said…
How did you make minnie mouses bow, what did you use, also how to attach it thanks
Paris Pastry said…
@maynardbn: Sorry for the late reply :) I just cut the bows with a sharp kitchen knife... no cookie cutter. I "glued" them to the cookie with the icing! Hope this helps :)

Popular Posts