Christmas Peppermint Mocha Fudge

Fudge gets as a strong reaction from food lovers as molasses or coconut. You either love it or you hate it. It's perceived to be as either too sweet or just enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. I personally love it, and I can't imagine Christmas without fudge. Trimming the Christmas tree and decorating the house is a lot more fun to do with these minty squares nearby. The espresso and candy canes made the chocolate fudge so much more special. The perfect Christmas treat ♥! Rating: 4- out of 5.


Christmas Peppermint Mocha Fudge




Peppermint Mocha Fudge: adapted from Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Pistachio Fudge

Ingredients:
- 12oz dark chocolate, chopped (350g)
- 1 can condensed milk (140z/397g)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (30g)
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup crushed candy canes

Instructions:
- Place the chopped chocolate, condensed milk, butter and salt into a heavy-based pan over a low heat and stir until melted and well combined. Add the espresso powder to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inch (23cm) square tray, smoothing the top with a wet palette knife or rubber spatula. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top.
- Let the fudge cool, then refrigerate until set. Cut into small pieces approximately 1¼ inch x ¾ inch (3cm x 2cm). Once cut, the fudge can be kept in the freezer - there's no need to thaw, just eat straight away.


Christmas Peppermint Mocha Fudge

Comments

Chele said…
Yum. Love the use of the candy canes too ;0)
Unknown said…
Your fudge looks amazing!!! Brilliant photos too, so Christmasy. X
Lian said…
dit ziet er helemaal geweldig uit! heb nog niet echt geshopt voor kerst, dus heb ook nog geen candy canes in huis.
Unknown said…
Mmmmm. These look really, really good and I love fudge. Fudge is an amazing thing :)
Vær våken said…
Oooooh I want to taste this!!!

xx
Lucie said…
Mmm--I make my fudge with the same method and love it! The candy canes are a great addition.
erica said…
This fudge looks amazing. What a great recipe! I am your newest follower.

xo
Eliana said…
I can't imagine Christmas without fudge either and this one looks perfect girl.
apparentlyjessy said…
Don't Christmas treats decorated with crushed candy canes look so great!
These do look very tasty, and I am sure I couldn't stop at one!
S.i.S said…
great photos i want this food :D...you follow me and i follow you ok? :D
I'maNolaGirl said…
Chocolate fudge might be my very favorite dessert! I love the mix of peppermint and mocha - what a treat!
A Bowl Of Mush said…
Yum!! These look so delicious!!

Happy Holidays! :)
Moon said…
My vanilla fudge is cooling in the kitchen right now: this chocolate version looks like a real treat!
Anonymous said…
I added peppermint extract as well - 2 teaspoons and it is so good! My hubby requested these to have a lot of peppermint flavor!
Alyssa Mills said…
This did not turn out at all for me. It came out gooey like brownie batter. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I followed the directions exactly how it said.

Popular Posts