My Favorite Low-Calorie Dessert: Raspberry & Cookie Swirls

Raspberry & Cookie Swirls


I apologize for not featuring a low-in-calorie dessert earlier. Many of us are still sticking to our new year’s resolutions of losing weight, so I thought I’d feature one of my favorite healthy yet delicious (and quick!) desserts. I’m not going to lie; this is actually a breakfast recipe. I just happen to serve as dessert on many, many occasions. Let’s just settle with the notation that it can be eaten all through the day. And with 80 calories per glass, there’s nothing to feel guilty about. Rating: 4.5 out of 5.



Raspberry & Cookie Swirls: adapted from Nigella Lawson's 'Raspberry & Oatmeal Swirls'

Ingredients:
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 cups low-fat Greek yogurt, sweetened with an artifical sweetener (Equal, Sweet N' Low, Canderel)
- ½ cup cookie crumbs, such as oatmeal, nilla wafers or digestive biscuits

Instructions:
- Put the thawed raspberries into a blender and puree.
- Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons of the raspberry puree into a serving glass, top with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt and sprinkle a layer of cookie crumbs on top.
- Cover the crumbs with 1 more layer of yogurt, then raspberry puree and finally cookie crumbs again.
- These can be prepared the night before, in which case don't sprinkle the final layer of cookie crumbs until you are ready to eat the swirls but leave the glasses with the yogurt on top, covered with plastic wrap.


Raspberry & Cookie Swirls

Comments

Chele said…
A nigella recipe that is low fat ... please wait while I pick myself up off the floor!!! Looks just lovely!
Vær våken said…
Oooh, that sounds like sth I want to try! Yummie!

xx
Anonymous said…
These look delicious and I will give them a whirl. 12lbs lighter now and want to stay that way. x
I'maNolaGirl said…
Mmmm! I have got to get on the diet train. I love that these look beautiful, sound tasty, and are light!
Gloria Baker said…
I love Nigella. And this recipe look awesome!! gloria
your photos are getting more amazing by the day! nice recipe!!
Lucie said…
I could definitely eat this all day long! Sounds delicious with oatmeal cookies. Ooh--or speculoos!
This looks so delicious AND it's low calorie... what's not to love about it!! YUM!
Eliana said…
Wow - can't believe that something that looks so delicious is also low calorie. Bravo!

Popular Posts