Dark Chocolate - Almond Crackles

Dark Chocolate - Almond Crackles


Who makes Dark Chocolate - Almond Crackles in the middle of summer? A girl who has cookies on her mind, that's who! Or for that matter, a girl who loves almond and chocolate together :). Although crackles are usually eaten around Christmas, they provide for a hearty cookie with coffee/tea all year round. These were especially delicious: 85% dark chocolate, nutty almonds and sweet confectioners' sugar. Yum! Rating: 4+ out of 5.




Dark Chocolate - Almond Crackles: adapted from MarthaStewart.com

Ingredients:
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (such as 70 percent cacao), finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cup ground almonds
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar

Instructions:
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring. Let cool.
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until very finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl, and stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Mix in chocolate. Reduce speed to low, and mix in almond-flour mixture. Refrigerate dough until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar to coat, then in confectioners' sugar to coat. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until surfaces crack, about 14 minutes. Transfer sheets to wire racks; let cool.


I'm signing off for 2,5 weeks now to do a bit of traveling.
Wishing everyone a very sunny & sweet summer!

Dark Chocolate - Almond Crackles

Comments

I would LOVE this flavor combo in a cookie! If it wasn't so hot, I'd be making these now!

New reader- loving your site! :)
dark chocolate and almond..a perfect marriage!!
Mmmmmm and just when I have a chocolate craving going! xoxo
mmmmmmm~ I need one right now!
I'maNolaGirl said…
Mmmm!!! These sounds incredibly delicious. I am up for chocolate and almonds all year round. Can't wait to try these!
Unknown said…
My gosh! Chocolate covered almonds are one of the best things ever thought up, and then you go an make it into a cookie. Genius.

Happy traveling! :D
Anna said…
who cares if it's summer! i'd eat these ANY time. sound delicious :D
Shannon Riley said…
Oh my gosh, these look SO delicious! :D
Jen Beaudet said…
Yum! Those sound so good no matter what time of year! Thank you for your birthday wishes! Have a great vacation!
Jennifer:)
Rob Johnson said…
Thanks for this, these look great! And by the way, whenever i'm making almost any kind of dessert, I always use
Textuarants.
Lucie said…
Have a wonderful vacation!! Hope the weather is better than here in Paris...although it's perfect for a hot cup of tea and some crackles!!
Anonymous said…
They look light and delicious. Enjoy your travels ~ xox Alexandra
These really look delicious. Can't wait to try them. Bon Vacances!
LIVING FOOD said…
What a wonderful blog you have! I was so happy when I came across this recipe because I tried these cookies a week ago at my friend's (his grandma made it but I didn't have a chance to ask for a recipe) and I almost gave them up and then I accidentaly found your blog!
And just to comment on your post about Paris...I went into a small candy shop in Rue Rivoli when I was there on a trip a month ago and I bought these divine candies- calissons.I don't know if you have tried them, but trust me you should, they taste like little pieces of heaven. I also enjoyed Laduree's macarons- they vere expensive but worth every cent! :)hope to read more :))
ODNM's said…
YUMMM , it really looks amazing.. and yummy..

easy recipe; I'll try it soon :)
Margarita Bloom said…
These looks amazing!!!!! Yummy!

Popular Posts