Paris Pastries: Angelina & Maison Collet

Bonjour Paris Pastry readers!

I'm interrupting this blog's vacation status by bringing you some
visuals from my Parisian vacation.

Yesterday I went to Angelina on Rue de Rivoli in the 2nd arrondissement.
Jamie Cahill, author of the fabulous little book 'The Pâtisseries of Paris' writes about Angelina:

"Angelina is legendary for its hot chocolate and Mont Blanc pastry,
but the real appeal is its bustling vibe and elegant, Belle Epoque interior.
Bask in the spacious "see and be seen" room of oversized, gold gilt mirrors,
panels painted with pastoral scenes, and marble-topped tables - and be
transported to enchanting, turn-of-the-last-century Paris."


I ordered Angelina's specialty le chocolat Africain and sipped the
thick, luscious hot chocolate with great pleasure.

Angelina

Angelina


Dinnertime came around and for dessert I picked up a pithivier at a local pâtisserie.
I had my first pithivier in Disneyworld two years ago.
A pithivier is a round, enclosed pie usually made by baking two disks of puff pastry,
with almond paste stuffed in between.

Boulangerie - Pâtisserie Maison Collet

Boulangerie - Pâtisserie Maison Collet


Hope everyone's summer is going well, and I will bring you some more
pictures & stories of Paris's pastries in a few days.

Or you can check out my blog French Mademoiselle to see what I'm up to every day in Paris!

Bisous,

Daniëlle

Comments

you made it to Angelina!! omg...so lucky u are! looks wonderful!!
Mariel Torres said…
oh my goodness! I wanna go there... everything looks so incredibly yummy
Lucie said…
Glad to see you're enjoying Paris! Sorry the weather isn't up to par...
Sounds wonderful! Wish I was there too!!
xoxo, B
Antoine said…
Hi, i'm a Parisian and i would like to know the price of your chocolate (;

Thank you !
Paris Pastry said…
@Antoine: Angelina's hot chocolate was 7,20.
buy wow account said…
WoW! that sounds great.. wish i can try it.=D

Popular Posts